Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Never too busy to remember...

Curtis Sports Imaging is in it's busiest time of year. I'm working on picture day photos for two, soon to be three and possibly four football leagues. Youth football action coverage is in full swing every weekend and I'm happy to announce the addition of another photographer to expand that coverage. I'm still working with our new web company to get the new website launched. I promise we are close and it will knock your socks off when it goes live.

With all the work I have I shouldn't be taking the time to write today, but I feel it is necessary to reflect on this tragic day in American history. About a half hour ago, I took a moment and participated in the National Moment of Silence @ 8:46am, the exact time the first plane hit the World Trade Center in NYC. I got goosebumps. I'm sure everyone reading this has a story or two about that day. Please share them.

My wife's car is in the shop so I had to start my day a little earlier than usual and drive her to work. I was lucky enough to be listening to 99.1 WPLR this morning and heard an interview with a women who lost her husband in the attack. The woman's name was Judith Keane and she started a foundation in her husband's name called the Richard M. Keane Foundation. They're building a sports center in Wethersfield in memory of three local men that lost their lives in the World Trade Center attacks. The vision of the foundation as quoted on their website is...

"The Richard M. Keane Foundation was established by friends and family of Richard "Dick" Keane to honor his memory and to perpetuate his commitment to enriching the lives of the youth in the town of Wethersfield, CT. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide a safe and fun environment in which the community of Wethersfield can come together to participate in athletic, academic, and social programs with the support and guidance of caring adults."

Tonight they are having a 9/11 memorial ceremony and unveiling the plans for the sports center. This sounds like an outstanding project that will definitely make a positive impact on our youth, the future of this great country. Please take a moment to visit the foundation's website at www.keanefoundation.org to learn more. I'll be contacting the foundation today expressing my support for what they do.

One last comment on this day...Support our troops! They choose to risk their lives defending our country. My youngest brother Eric is a US Marine and was deployed on Friday for his second tour. He signed up for service before he graduated high school, knowing our country was at war. I can't explain in words how proud he makes me...my brother Eric is my hero!

2 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

It's nice to see that, even six years after the events of 9/11, people are still doing things to remember. I stood out in the pouring rain this morning as a group of firefighters held a ceremony.

The best part about 9/11 was the reminder of how many heroes there are in the world. All you have to do is look around.

E Dog said...

Bry, what u said means so much to me thank you so much, i love u and i cant wait to see you and everyone.